Massive congratulations and thanks to everyone for an amazingly successful performance of the Verdi Requiem on 15 December, to a totally sold-out house at St Alban the Martyr. So much work from so many people, and a truly impressive performance from a musical point of view.
Special thanks to Michael Bowden, conductor, and to:
– Camden Chamber Orchestra, for a performance full of flair and energy
– Our truly superb soloists
- Gavin Horsley (Bass)
- Peter Mitchell (Tenor)
- Lisa Swayne (Soprano) who stepped in on concert day to replace Sara Wallander-Ross who was unfortunately taken ill
- Zoe South (Mezzo-Soprano) who stepped in at three days notice to replace Katy Bingham-Best (also unfortunately taken ill)
– Every member of the choir for undoubtedly one of your best performances ever.
And thanks as always to the host of workers in the background who made it all possible – not forgetting the excellent crew of stewards who helped so much to keep a massive audience happy (and seated!)
A fine start to the choir’s fortieth anniversary year.